Terms & Conditions
Some of the questions on this form are only applicable in specific situations.
1. I confirm that the information that I have supplied with my registration is true, accurate and complete.
2. I confirm that I am over 18 years of age.
3. I confirm that I have not provided any false, fraudulent, incorrect, incomplete or misleading information for this registration, and that this may impact on processing or cancel any offer or my
registration. USQ may impose penalties.
4. I confirm that I am not currently excluded from University of Southern Queensland.
5. I give permission for any person, government authority, educational institution, admission centre, qualification verification service provided, employer or previous employer to provide any
information concerning or relating to my admission/enrolment and study programs that USQ requests.
USQ collects the personal information in this registration to assist the University in providing tertiary education and related ancillary services and to be able to contact you regarding enrolment,
assessment and associated USQ services. Other than as set out below, personal information will not be disclosed to any other third parties without your consent unless required or authorised by
Your information may be transferred outside Australia.
6. I understand that, if I wish to withdraw from the USQ UpSkill minicourse because I have decided that I no longer wish to undertake it (e.g. due to change of mind), that I must do this before
the third University Business Day (as defined in USQ’s Policy and Procedure Library of the first week of the USQ UpSkill minicourse. After this, I will be ineligible for a refund unless I am entitled to a refund at law.
7. I understand that the USQ UpSkill minicourse I am applying for is conducted in the English language only and that I am sufficiently fluent in English to undertake a fully online course
delivered and assessed in the English language. I understand that successful completion of this USQ UpSkill minicourse is not sufficient as evidence of English proficiency for admission to other
8. I understand that completion of this USQ UpSkill minicourse does not guarantee the awarding of any credit towards any university degree at USQ or any other educational institution.
9. I confirm that I have the ability to find and synthesise information in a way that solves problems in a professional context. USQ’s UpSkill minicourses are designed for professionals, so it
will be an advantage to have either a qualification or significant experience in the workplace.
10. I have read and understood the Policies and Procedures of the University of Southern Queensland and agree to abide by them. I also acknowledge and agree that the USQ Policies and Procedures as set out in
the USQ Policy and Procedure Library form part of the terms and conditions of my application.
USQ collects personal information for university purposes of providing tertiary education and related ancillary services and associated functions pursuant to the University of Southern Queensland
Act 1998, and the information on this form for the purposes of processing your registration. USQ collects this information in accordance with the Commonwealth Higher Education Funding Act 1988,
Higher Education Support Act 2003, the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act), ESOS Regulations 2001 and the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and
Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018. Where relevant, USQ may give all or some of this information to
- Commonwealth and state government departments, agencies or their authorised agents or contracted services providers and to USQ approved Representatives (agents and partners) and to other
organisations (including international entities) who provide sponsorship or funding for your studies to seek verification or information or provide information regarding your studies (and
visas and overseas health cover if applicable) or to enable surveys concerning your education to be undertaken, and
- Other students enrolled in the same courses as you or as may be required by a Faculty to facilitate USQ’s provision of tertiary education services to you and other students including in the
facilitate USQ’s provision of tertiary education and related ancillary services and associated functions, you acknowledge and consent to the disclosures set out above and to the transfer of your
personal information outside of Australia and communication via any available electronic means. In handling any personal information disclosed to you by the university, you agree to use this
information for purposes of your study at USQ only and to abide by USQ’s ICT Information Management and Security Policy and the ICT Standard for Use of ICT Resources Policy.
Registrations can only be submitted for consideration if you agree to this Declaration by clicking the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” checkbox below.